Displaying Recent Posts in Phlox Masonry Style
hlox lets you add Recent Posts page to your website, just like all other WordPress themes. It is easily possible by adding a widget. The advantage is that you can give a style to the recent posts by editing the widget options in Widget Areasor in Page Builder. Phlox Recent Posts Widgets let you show your most recent posts on a widget bar of your website, or any page or post you want.
One of Page Builder elements for collecting recent posts in a page/post is Masonry Recent Posts Widget. This element makes your pages or posts more organized and clearer. You can simply edit and customize the options and add a title to this widget, specify the number of columns, set a style, etc.
Masonry Recent Posts Options in Elementor Page Builder
- Go to your WordPress Admin Panel
- Click the Pages on the Dashboard
- Click the Add New
- Navigate to the top left hand of the WordPress text-box and find Edit with Elementor button.
- Check out Elements
- Scroll down to PHLOX - POSTS section
- Choose Masonry Posts
After adding masonry recent posts to your post or page, you are able to customize it by available options:
Here you can choose the number of Columns of your recent posts on desktop, tablet, and mobile.
You are able to enable these features to display on your recent posts:
- Display post media (Image, Video, etc.)
- Display post title
- Display post info and choose its position (After/Before Title)
- Display categories
- Display date
- Display post content
- Display like button
- Display excerpt and choose the length of it (The number of characters to show)
- Display author or read more
You are able to choose one or more than one Category for your recent posts, or even show the posts of all available categories. Also, you can select a specific category.
Number of posts to show is editable. Also, you are able to Exclude posts without media and custom post formats. If you exclude custom post formats, you are able to Exclude quote and link post formats.
You can Order posts by:
- Date: Order the posts by their publication date
- Menu Order: Order by page order
- Title: Order by post title
- ID: Order by post ID
- Random: Your posts appear randomly
- Comments: Order the posts by number of comments
- Date Modified: Order by last modified date
- Author: Order by the posts' author
- Inserted post IDs: In the order you write post IDs on Include posts section
Post Order can be Descending or Ascending.
In Include/Exclude posts field, you can enter the the specific posts IDs that you want/do not want to show.
In Start offset field, you are able to set a number to choose the number of posts you want to skip, and start the output with the next posts.
There are three types for Load more:
- Infinite Scroll
- Next Button
- Next/Prev Button
You can choose none if you do not want any of the mentioned load more types.
You can change image aspect ratio to: Horizontal 4:3, Horizontal 16:9, Square 1:1, and Vertical 3:4
You can change the Color, Typography, and Bottom space of the title on Normal or Hover.
Many options are available here that let you change Typography, Color, Bottom space, and Space between metas on Normal and Hover.
Customize Color, Typography, and Bottom space of posts excerpt.
Like previous options, you can change the Color, Typography, and Bottom space for post metas on Normal or Hover.
Check out this article to know more about Advanced tab and start working with Elementor.