Phlox Popular Posts
You can use Popular Posts Widget to display the most popular posts (the most commented ones) with combination of recent post and comment tabs on your website.
Follow below steps to add Popular Posts Widget to a widget area:
- Go to your WordPress admin panel
- Click Appearance on the Dashboard
- Then click Widgets
- Find [Phlox] Popular Posts among the available widgets and add it to your desired Widget Area.
Popular Posts Options
It displays as title of author section on the top of this widget.
Number of Posts to Show
It sets the number of posts to display as a popular post.
Display popular tab
Whether to display popular posts tab or not.
Display recent tab
Whether to display recent posts tab or not.
Display comment tab
Whether to display recent comments tab or not.
Whether to display featured image of posts or not.
Whether to display excerpt (summary) of posts or not.
Display post date
Whether to display date of posts or not.
It sets the length of the posts excerpt (summary).
Order by and Order
- Date: Order the posts by their publication date
- Menu Order: Order by page order
- Title: Order by post title
- ID: Order by post ID
- Random: Your posts appear randomly
- Comments: Order the posts by number of comments
- Date Modified: Order by last modified date
- Author: Order by the posts' author
It chooses the order of posts to display between Descending and Ascending.
This option allows you to choose certain categories that you want their posts to be shown in this widget. You can choose one specific category or all categories you have.
Extra Class Name
If you wish to style particular content element differently, then use this field to add a class name and then refer to it in your css file.