WordPress 5.5 update issues and how to fix them
Recently the WordPress version 5.5 was released and it cause some unexpected problems which we will describe how to fix them here.
At the time of writing this article, The Phlox Pro 5.4.11 and the Phlox Free 2.6.11 are available which take care of the problems.
If you are using the Phlox Pro 5.4.6 or before, you need to continue with this article and do the manual update. If you are using Phlox Pro 5.4.7 or above, then simply update the theme form the auto-update menu in the Phlox dashboard.
How to fix this?
You just need to update the theme but you may not be able to do that using the Update menu in the Phlox dashboard because of the errors.
The other way to update the theme is the manual update. There are a few simple steps to do this:
- Deactivate the Phlox related plugins (Phlox Core Elements, Phlox Pro Tools, ...)
- Switch your theme from Phlxo to a default theme, for example, Twenty-Twenty
- Delete the Phlox theme from the themes menu
- Download the latest version of the theme from your account on Envato and install it by uploading the Zip file
- Activate the theme and re-activate the plugins and you are done
The whole process is and demonstrated in the following video:
Note: The above video was originally intended for another problem but the process of manually updating the theme is exactly the same.
Did not manage to do this?
You can always submit a ticket at our help center and we will take care of this for you right away: